142. A frightening moment...

It was very windy here on Saturday. At about 5pm I was in the bottom paddock looking for the turkeys; I was about 20 metres from the huge and dead ash tree in the bottom corner when...

...suddenly I heard a mighty crack, and I saw the ash begin to topple. Only to about 60 degrees, but still quite scary.

Sunday morning revealed this:-


Paul, our fab tree surgeon, came to help. A v tricky felling due to the tree leaning on the BT wire (which you can see above).

It's down now.

The noise so shocked one of the bantams that it laid an egg. Its first (their first) for 8 months.

Taking into account their food, the egg is for sale at £19.50 if anyone's interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?