165. Through the hungry gap. . .

We are through (well I am through) the hungry gap in terms of both veg and fruit.

The rhubarb is coming along well (although not as well as my brother in Llangollen who is fashioning walking-sticks out of his), and the lovage has also arrived.



Sarah will eat rhubarb but is not a fan of lovage.

I, of course, love my lovage - although it does have to be boiled. I eat the whole thing as there is not much other green stuff (here, at least, at the moment). Technically (ie Furnley-Wittingstally) you are meant to use it to delicately to flavour soups and stews.

That's no good!

I need to consume great bunches of it, if I want to try and be (more-or-less) self-sufficient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?