208. Stage 3 of the cordon line . . .

I am now in the middle of stage 3, and the best bit, of the cordon line. Planting.

After we had erected the posts, and added support struts to the end posts, I then added the 4 wires (2.5 mm gauge) which are held by straining bolts. I got a bit carried away with straining one wire and bent the post!



And this week I have been planting the unfeathered maidens that I grafted (whip and tongue) last March. I am planting them at 75cm intervals, diagonally. My plan this year is to plant 6 trees and so leave plenty of space for future grafting projects (our fridge is already full of this year's scions!).

My varieties are:- James Grieve, Katy, Laxton Superb, Rosemary Russett, Jupiter and The Big Purple (my wilding from Reading).

Time will tell.

(Exciting isn't it!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?