240. Traditional Sunday Roast?

Not for me.

Instead, on Saturday evening we did a 3 bird cook up.

First, a pheasant that I'd shot a few months back. (With an apple and herb sauce.) Second, a chicken carcass that remained from when we cut the main joints from one of our surplus roosters. And, third, a rabbit. I could tell you where I got it from on the blog, but it may be better in person.


We decided to eat pheasant for our evening meal (and managed not to find the pellet). On the side we had runner beans, the last of our broad beans and a sweetcorn (grown in the greenhouse; half was perfect golden-yellow and sweet as could be but the top had not developed and was still white (this is the result of poor pollination; next year I will try hand-pollinating).

Most of the meat was subsequently portioned up and went back in the freezer for some hearty (meaty) Winter warming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?