6. Like a bear...

I am like a bear; I feel increasingly in tune with the seasons.

I spent the Summer working long days predominantly in the garden / on the land. Chopping wood, tending the veg beds, waterproofing our shelter (it has been referred to as a House) and tending our livestock.

As a result our wood bins are full (both kindling (in some old wheelie bins) and the main ones next to the house), and our wood stacks are covered up. Our kitchen is festooned with garlic and foraged nuts. Our spare bedroom smells (nicely) of apples and potatoes (not supposed to be stored in the same room, I think). Our freezers are crammed full of both our garden produce (fruit mainly but also some runners, beetroot and wedges (thank you Gail for freezing advice!) and also from our foraging (some sloes, chestnuts and elderberries) and our turkeys are fattening nicely.

Sarah has extended this analogy by commenting (questioning, I suppose really) that now I am ready for hibernation. She wonders whether I will spend the Winter getting up at lunchtime, digging something out of the freezer and then settling down for an hour or so of daytime TV before donning my PJs and settling down for the (very long) night with a good book. And of course, writing my blog.

Good night! I'm off to lie down...

Comments

  1. Great blog James! Lovely to hear about all your adventures - the highs and the lows! Jane (& W & E) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?