39. Planting for bees...

My plans for planting for our bees are underway. I have now planted blackthorn (from a local farmer's hedgerow) in our foraging hedge, and layered our flowering currant (so that we can transplant it in 6-9 months or so and increase its acreage (or should that be centimetreage?).

So, that's nectar covered. Or, at least planned for.

And I've now planted some willow cuttings (for pollen). Apparently they grow anywhere, but I'm testing this theory by planting them on a rocky bank with sycamore-tree shading. But, that's where I want them.

7 x willow cuttings (ie small sticks) are above the wooden shelf
(just below our border with our neighbour's farm)
(watering can for scale)
(thank you John and Rowena Leslie!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?