83. Have you done your November jobs?

I seem to have it genetically programmed that November is the month to deal with rhubarb. And having dug our massive new rhubarb bed, I was keen to get some 'barb in it.

So we dug up some of our rhubarb, and with a spade cut it into chunks, each with a bit of root and a bud. It is funny old stuff - like a very old rotten tree root. Then we planted each with yet more manure and a sprinkling of TLC.

November also means strawberries, and fed up with the slugs and the grass this year, I am trying a new plan with raised beds surrounded by yet more inverted old carpet with chipping on top. Two of the three beds are now planted up.

And its Movember, so I'm growing a facial hedge complete with twirly bits - v itchy.

I was not sure which of the three November plantings you would most like a photo of. In the end I opted for the strawb beds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?