160. On a promise?

When Sarah is away, as she was for a few days last week, I usually try to do something in the garden for her to spot when she comes home. Ideally something that she wants done.

This time I chose the herb garden - I lugged up some stone that I had removed from extending the veg garden, and made a small wall. And I beavered away for a few days weeding and cutting back. The lovage is just showing its head - this spicy, rampant herb becomes my greenery (needs a good boil) at the end of the 'hungry gap' and before the salads have come on line.


My neighbour watched my progress each day, and asked (every day) 'Are you on a promise, James?'

Sarah is now home, and I have been avoiding my neighbour. She will want a result!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?