169. Grafting update . . .

The whip and tongue grafts that I did in March are starting to grow. Rather amazingly I seem to have had about a 95% success rate. There is only one that is yet to sprout properly, and I am still hopeful.





This first photo shows a scion that I took from my favourite wilding tree (in Reading), and which I have called The Big Purple (the apples are large purple globes, and the flesh has swathes of red / purple).

However, my guru at the NFG (Northern Fruit Group) told me that I cannot count my chickens (to grab a metaphor from just over the fence) until next year.

However, there is nothing like a bit of success to spur me on . . . I have started digging another tree nursery!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?