223. Striking oil . . .

Well, it felt like it.

I am still digging my drainage system in the orchard; part drainage for the trees and part water source for the pond (old bath) and my plan for ducks.

But digging the interceptor drain at the top of the orchard I hit an old land drain running at a different diagonal (top of the photo, running from the R to L but chopped in the middle). It felt like striking oil - there, surely, was my water flow for the pond. But when I broke into it last week, it felt as if it had been dry since 1934 (or thereabouts). However, I have connected it with a (very expensive) connection and incorporated it into my new land drain system.

The pipe at the bottom of the photo runs straight down the middle of the orchard into the pond / bath at the bottom.


The interceptor drain is almost there - just another 10cm (down) to go, and then I will add the new land drainage pipe (ie with holes in it) and the pea shingle (it will run from the bottom of the photo up the trench and about another 5m). Follow this story in a few weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?