225. What sound does a cuckoo make?

Sorry, I meant what do they look like?

Every morning at the moment we are greeted by either one, or hundreds of, cuckoo(s) and when I mentioned it to my brother, an ecologist, he told me he had taken his two children to a park at the weekend specifically to hear both cuckoos and curlews.

'Curlews?' I said. 'We have them too.'

Apparently, living as we do, on the edge of an upland, we are ideally located for both cuckoos and curlews. And the cuckoo has become quite rare (joining the RSPB's red list in 2009).

Which got me to thinking, what does a cuckoo actually look like?

'Normal brown job,' suggested Sarah.

Actually it's more of a grey job . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?