229. A miracle?

Some of you will know about my (fairly mad, admittedly) plan for underground drainage in the orchard. The idea in principle at least is that the water is piped through the orchard and into a duck pond (an old bath already in situ) and then away.

Well, I have hit a bit of a design flaw, but that's another story.

My ulterior motive has always been ducks.

And yesterday, maybe because I have been eating all my crusts recently, a duckling suddenly turned up in the garden. It just appeared next to the veg garden. All alone, and making a pitiful squeaking.

I caught it (not difficult) and have now put it in the turkey house (no turkeys at the moment).

I keep checking on it (I think it's drinking) and I have been researching manically on google. Apparently, they can get lonely, so I have added a mate!


It's soooooo sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?