243. An early bath?

Tragedy struck in the turkey paddock this week.

When we first arrived at Farlands our neighbour grazed a few sheep and lambs in the paddock and a legacy of that use is a large circular drinking trough. Over the years I have occasionally emptied it as it gets quite stagnant but it always fills again, naturally with rainfall.

At the end of last week I let the turkeys out in the morning as usual. But when I went to check on them at lunchtime, I could only find four. That is very unusual as normally they waddle around in a tight group.

I could not find the fifth turkey and I decided to put them back in their house while I looked.

As I did so I walked past the drinking trough.

There was the fifth turkey. Floating.

Turkeys can't swim. Jam sarnies for Xmas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?