248. A snowy escape . . .

Snow came at the weekend and meant that I escaped from the to-do list. Most of the last couple of weeks I have spent digging out the compost heaps, weeding and then mulching. It will probably take me until the New Year.

But the snow meant we were forced to go for a walk!


However, Sarah still managed to prune the blackcurrants (fruit grows on the young wood so best to remove mainly old wood; about a third of the bush is usually recommended).

That left me to clean out the birds, taking time out, of course, to explain to the new ones (two of the chickens and the five turkeys) what snow was and where it came from. My O level geography seemed a long time ago.

That's because, I suppose, it was a long time ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?