302. Problem.

The digging (see blog 300) had been going so well, and I had almost finished the second cordon. But nothing for nearlies - 8/11 dug and I hit a large rock.

Himalayan-sized.
A Rock of Gibraltar piece of rock.
You get the picture.

And here is a picture:


I have removed large rocks before but this one was not moving at all. I wondered about just putting compost on top of it - no-one would know. But the fruit trees would, and 5 or 6 years down the line, poor growth would be the tell-tale.

I wondered about dynamite, re-siting the cordon (no way!), a digger . . .

In the end I settled on this:-


A roadworks-type breaker and a compressor to power it.

Hard work but effective, and I've now got enough stone to patio the lawn.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?