63. Chaos has driven me to retail therapy...

...well, at least to the local second-hand bookshop. 12 books in about as many minutes! More of them in a mo.

But first, the chaos. The builders have knocked through from the kit room into the hall - dust everywhere despite several walls of plastic. So many walls of plastic and sheets that going up and down the stairs has become a time-consuming adventure (perhaps similar to negotiating a Turkish massage-parlour boudoir). It has also necessitated me to make a packed lunch in my own house!



I'm trying to keep the builders morale up - entertainment this week has included me taking down the washing from the whirlygig whilst wearing a pair of gloves. My explanation is that I was mowing the grass, it started to rain, and I did not want to get the white-wash grassy.

All of this chaos and mayhem has driven me to ice-cream with everything, and a trip to the local bookshop - how about this for a fab book list:-

Amsterdam (McEwan - just about completing my collection)
The Bridge - Iain Banks
Freedom (& Corrections) - Franzen
2 x William Boyd (thanks Mum)
On The Beach (Shute - thanks Nick & Sals)
French Lieutenant's Woman (almost completing my Fowles collection!)
The Rat - Gunter Grass (spur of the moment)
Elegance of the Hedgehog (in the spirit of the Aussie man who after buying a jeep-load of beer, then added a bottle of sherry for his missus, the result being the wheel fell off the jeep and him commenting 'overdid it on the sherry')
Snakes and Ladders (ditto)
Bitter Fruit (ditto)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?