154. Going equipped . . .

In the Summer I was at Tyn Dwr in Llangollen, Wales at a party.

Country dancing is not really my thing, and I spotted an excuse: a hedgerow heaving with blackberries. I always go equipped for these sort of opportunities, and I filled several ice-cream containers.

Driving home, however, I wondered whether I had missed a better opportunity.

That opportunity re-presented itself yesterday when I was back in Llangollen.

With the permission of the Outdoor Centre staff, I scrabbled around in the hedgerow and took several rooted tips.


Whilst doing so the gardener politely inquired what I was up to. When I explained he told me that historically Tyn Dwr had been an arboretum, and that the blackberry bush was a particularly good one. He could not help me with any details, but hopefully my cuttings will grow and I can ask at the NFG (Northern Fruit Group).

Watch this space!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?