177. Quite a good week . .

My cousin got in touch to say that his rabbit was called 'Bertie' and that . . . 

'We stayed in an Edinburgh hotel en route to Skye and while surreptitiously transporting Bertie up via a lift ( we weren't sure of hotel procedure for rabbits in rooms) we bumped into rappers NWA. As you can imagine they were a bit surprised....'

I caught a squirrel and with the help of Fernley-Hughstall I skinned and gutted it. Fried up the offal (heart, liver, kidneys) for one supper and then slow-cooked the rest of it. Sternly-Whittinghall writes that it is tastier than rabbit, but I would need to eat a few more (my plan) to decide.


 Chicks are getting bigger - we have built them an extension and added a roosting bar.


The picking season has arrived - starting with a fab crop of blackcurrants. 

All go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?