9. It's blowing a hooley...so, inside jobs...

It's been blowing a hooley all day. Lashing rain, gusting winds. Warmer than last few days (10C) but does not feel like that. We seem to be surviving - only one window now leaking (needs sealant) which is great, wood stacks still covered and turkeys still here (not on Kinder).

But going outside, even for me, and even with my early Xmas presents from Sarah of fur-lined boots, new puffa (so I have a garden one!) and thermal salopettes-under-suit, has not been that attractive an option.

This is to the L of the water tanks.
So, inside jobs! More loft insulation, office work in respect of our RHI / biomass boiler plan and kitchen action. I have frozen beetroot (trial), made more sloe gin (thank you Prescotts), made mincemeat (and whilst I did that I experimented with drying apple slices - worked quite well), and fed the cake.



Cake, mincemeat...and the PM.


It really is true that once you are Prime Minister you really do get everywhere!

Take care in your hooleys!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?