104. A week of wildlife...

On Sunday when I went running I met a badger. Seemingly also out for a morning trot, or perhaps late home after a hard night's worming. Ran towards me on the Sett Valley Trail for perhaps 40 metres, then saw or smelt me and did a U turn, re-traced its steps and disappeared into the scrub. Left an extremely distinctive and powerful musky smell.

On Tuesday there was a large bird caught in our fruit cage. I opened the door and encouraged it to leave. But it could not find the way out. It was a large bird with talons so I put my hood up and went in to help. But it could not find the exit. In the end I caught it - it simply gave up and just hung from the cage roof. When I had it in my hands I realised (95%) that it was a peregrine - a very special moment for me. I lay it on our (empty) bee platform and after 5 mins of recovering it flew off.

And yesterday saw the first lambs being born next door. Not strictly wildlife, but for any of you urban dwellers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?