108. Pellet mayhem...

With all this cold weather, we have had our heating on for long periods, and have burnt a lot of pellets - over three tonnes in two months.

So, I ordered another delivery. But then with all the recent snow I was worried that the huge six wheeled tanker would not make it. I was also concerned with our imminent back-to-back cottage bookings and an Ellson family gathering over Easter that we would be back to the bad old days of puffa jackets and hats inside.

So, I ordered a back up delivery of bagged pellets - another tonne or 67 fifteen kilo bags.

Of course, the two deliveries converged on our little bridge within 30 seconds of each other. I then spent several hours sorting out the mayhem. The six wheeler got stuck in our drive, then could not turn round and had to reverse all the way back including across our bridge.


The bagged-pellet driver on seeing this carry-on decided to unload his pellets before the little bridge.


I am now well acquainted with each bag of pellets - but the House and Cottage will be toasty this Easter (our hopper is full with 3.5 tonnes and the boiler room is full with another tonne of bagged pellets). Hope you will be too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?