23. Only one pair of trousers...

It's a bit warmer here (plus 7C), so yesterday I finished planting the hazel coppice (20 plants in total). It was the first time I had worn only one pair of trousers for about six weeks. If you are wondering, that's inside or outside. The exception was Xmas - we went away.
I am reading Jude The Obscure. Enjoying it, partly because every time I pick it up, it makes me think of my nephew, Jude, who is fantastically smiley and blows kisses during Skype calls.


But also, because it's Hardy - how about this for a fantastic self-sufficiency simile? (Referring to Christminster, a University town) "...they raise parsons there like radishes in a bed...".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?