26. Stepping into Spring...

Spring is coming. Not only is it much warmer, but I have spotted snowdrops, some emerging garlic and also a handful of bees. I have been increasingly worried about the bees; I keep reading that it is not uncommon for hives to die in the Winter. This was their first Winter, and they will have been unused to the cold and damp - so it's great that at least a few of them have made it.
Warmer weather means I can now start developing the smallholding again - I have both the physical but also the mental get-up-and-go! I am still contemplating some major jobs, but in the middle of two: building steps down to the bottom paddock, and replacing the grass in the vegetable garden with chipping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

285. Been thinking about my last blog . . .

319. We've got a dog!

73. Stuck for something to read?